Platelet Rich Plasma
Cure Foot Arthritis With PRP Treatment in NY
PRP Treatment For Achilles Tendinitis in NY
PRP For Flat Feet and Plantar Fasciitis Problems - Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn
What is Platelet Rich Plasma? (PRP)
- Platelets are an integral part of your blood that contains a high concentration of bioactive proteins, especially growth factors, that initiate a signal conduction cascade, which in turn stimulates your body's natural healing process in order to repair damaged tissue. Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP treatment is analogous to your body's natural healing process, however much more potent.
What does it do?
- The concept of this treatment is that PRP not only stimulates, but also aids the body's natural healing response of damaged tissue. PRP accelerates the process of recruitment of necessary bioactive proteins to the damaged area and causes a signal conduction cascade reaction to allow for the creation and maturation of collagen fibers to strengthen the tendons and ligament of the damaged site.
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
- This is an "autologous blood therapy" that involves a simple injection and avoids invasive procedures such as surgery to repair damaged tendons or ligaments.
- This process involves drawing your blood, centrifuging it to separate the different components and concentrating the amount of platelets and growth factors to result in a 5-10 fold increase. Subsequently, an autologous transplant is performed to administer the higher concentration of bioactive proteins to the damaged tissue area. To insure accuracy of placement, diagnostic ultrasound guidance is employed.
Something New: What is Protein Concentrate?
We now have available the latest technology to take the extra blood plasma that we "previously threw away" and put it thru a special filtration system removing water from that plasma. This process allows us to concentrate the many helpful proteins that are naturally present in your blood plasma, than add your blood proteins to your platelet rich plasma mix for an even better success rate for the relief of your painful or damage joint or tendon.
What can Platelet Rich Plasma Treat?
- Sport injuries (Just ask superstars like Kobe Bryant, Hines Ward or Tiger Woods to name a few!)
- Arthritic foot joints
- Plantar fasciitis
- Heel spurs
- Achilles tendonitis or tears
- Posterior tibial tendinitis or tears
- Foot tendonitis and tears
- Bunion pain
- Foot bursitis
- Weak Ankles
- Ankle Sprains
- PRP treatment is a simple procedure that can be used for a wide array of musculoskeletal disorders and results in little to no downtime for the patient. As medications continue to evolve it is likely that more treatments of the body's own natural healing processes are likely to be administered.
- The biggest advantage platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections seem to offer over more invasive arthritis remedies is a quicker, easier recovery. The procedure is done on an outpatient basis and the majority of patients are up and moving immediately. Most wear a brace for several days after the treatment but still can get around. Many are even able to do some gentle stationary cycling by the end of the first week. There are also fewer complications.
- There is no down time. You may resume restfull daily activities immediately after the procedure. By two weeks, most patients can resume all normal activities. Most patients just need tylenol medication and ice for the first day. In fact most patients report almost full relief of symptoms within a few days. Call (718) 835-0100 today to make an appointment or to have a phone consultation to see if Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is the right treatment option for you!