What are are LITTLE STEPS?
Little Steps deliver prescription based correction of common foot disorders, like flat feet, toe walking and intoe walking. The little steps foot orthoses are specifically designed for kids and providing an affordable alternative to expensive custom foot orthotics. Many musculoskeletal conditions common to children avoided due to early intervention and treatment of pediatric foot conditions.
Will these fit my child?
Sizing ranges from a toddlers size 5 through child youth size 8 1/2, suiting most toddlers through teens.
What makes Little Steps Unique?
Little Steps provide the same functional foot control found in prescription foot orthoses at a great discount to parents.
Why choose Little Steps?
- With children’s feet constantly growing Little Steps are the most affordable pre-fabricated foot orthotic on the market. An ultra-deep heel cup to maximize rearfoot control that realigns the Achilles tendon makes them very comfortable.
- Correction and comfort are aided with an excellent arch support with a deep flare.
- A unique thermoplastic compound which has a combination of strength and a “soft-edge” feel for patient comfort.
- Durable and easy to clean with soap and water.
- Fit in most standard athletic shoes.
Is there a Break-In Period?
Yes. Dr. Weinstock recommends that patients gradually increase their wear time over a 7-10 day period.
Starting with normal activity then gradually working towards more strenuous activities, such as sports. Socks should be used at all times to avoid blisters.
Should I consider additional pairs of Little Steps?
Most often, one pair of orthoses will suffice; however, having additional pairs offers the convenience of not having to move them from shoe to shoe.