Before Your Visit:
- Make a list of your symptoms and questions.
- Make a list of all medications and any previous surgeries.
- Gather and bring important medical records and laboratory test reports from other doctors or hospitals (including X-rays, MRIs, and lab results).
- Check with your insurance provider to see if a referral is needed.
- Call before your visit to tell the office if you have special needs.
- Bring a friend or family member if you think it will be helpful.
- If your problem involves walking and/or exercise, bring your walking/exercise shoes with you to the appointment.
During Your Visit:
- Go over your list of questions.
- If you do not understand an answer, be sure to ask for further explanation.
- Take notes and listen carefully.
- Discuss your symptoms and any recent changes you may have noticed.
- Talk about all new medications.
- Ask why it has been prescribed, and how to take it.
- Describe any allergies.
- Tell Dr. Weinstock if you are pregnant or if you are trying to get pregnant.
- Let Dr. Weinstock know if you are being treated by other doctors.
After Your Visit:
- Prepare for any tests that Dr. Weinstock orders.
- Ask about what you need to do to get ready, possible side effects, and when you can expect results.
- Ask when and how the test results will be made available to you.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment (if necessary) before you leave Dr. Weinstock's office.
- Call Dr. Weinstock's office and ask for your test results if you do not hear from the office when you are supposed to.